Sunday, January 4, 2009

2007 Civic Si - Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust and K&N drop in filter

I recently found out that I can purchase a MagnaFlow Cat-Back system for my '07 Si through the NAPA store I work at.  Not only can I get it through there, since it's through the NAPA system, the freight is only going to cost me a flat $8.95, PLUS, we're an independant store, so the owner lets me buy anything for my car at cost - Which, in this case, equates to a savings of $200.00 off street price, and over $500 off MSRP!


About the MagnaFlow system:

Material: 100% Stainless Steel
Tubing O.D. Size: 2.25in.
System Type: Cat-Back
TIP O.D. Size: 4in.
TIP Quantity: 1
Single/Dual: Single
Exit Position: Rear Exit

Features and Benefits: Lifetime Warranty, Dyno Tested And Proven To Make Power, Performance Gains In Horsepower And Torque, Great Sound - Has A Smooth, Deep Tone, Easy To Install, Mandrel-Bent. All Welded. Built To Last.

MagnaFlow Exhaust Sample Video

Pictures of the Exhaust System and hopefully the undercar install coming soon!

**MagnaFlow Install UPDATE! - Videos**

Before (factory 2007 Civic Si Exhaust):

After MagnaFlow Install:

AND.... since I'm saving so much on my exhaust system, I justified a K&N drop in filter - for now...  

K&N offers the "Typhoon" Short Ram Intake with built in heat shield, plus it ties into the stock Civic Si cold air induction.  Lifetime warranty... Proven for 7 hp.... it's definitely on my short list!   I really like the Fujita SRI, but unless I can fabricate something like K&N figured out, I think I'll pass.  I'm just too worried about heat soak issues with a short ram setup here in Southeast Texas.

No comments: